"Why don't you come over?", a campaign by gandul.info in response to the British one called "Don't come to England"Publicat la: 31.01.2013 21:00 Ultima actualizare: 01.02.2013 14:04
Gândul launched the “Why don’t you come over?” campaign, offering reasons to travel to Romania, a response to British “Don’t come to UK” campaign, aimed at discouraging Romanian citizens who want to live and work in the UK.
After the daily paper The Guardian invited its readers to come up with their own ideas for the British Government campaign, Gândul, in a partnership with GMP Advertising, addressed a challenge to their own readers: any idea, poster design or slogan can be uploaded on the newspaper’s Facebook page, through the “Come to Romania” Facebook application.
Every day, up until the project ends, Gândul will publish two new posters created during the “Why don’t you come over? ” campaign.
Such messages, received by the editorial office, include “Charles bought a house here in 2005. And Harry never has been photographed naked once”, and "We speak better English than anywhere you've been in France".
Two new posters say "Half of our women look like Kate. The other half, like her sister" and "We have the most beautiful road in the world according to your top motoring show", as Thursday’s edition displays messages such as "Our draft beer is less expensive than your bottled water" or "We serve more food groups than pie, sausage, fish & chips".
The Guardian readers have sent their suggestions for the anti-immigration campaign, but the result was more ironic to the British that to Romanians.
The authorities, the press and NGOs such as Migration Watch (UK) are trying to build up the idea that Romanian and Bulgarian citizens will invade Great Britain, after the labor market and residency restrictions in effect will be lifted.
Without official figures or solid scientific research, the British are warning that hundreds of thousands of Romanian migrants are waiting to come to their country.
- ,the guardian
- NOI STENOGRAME în dosarul Duicu: „Problema ta s-a rezolvat. Sunt cu premieru’, aici, la masă”
- Cum explică premierul PowerPointa că A PLAGIAT din ZF
- Zi decisivă. Adrian Năstase află dacă iese din închisoare. Nicuşor Constantinescu află dacă e arestat
- Noi reguli la obţinerea permisului de conducere. Ce document trebuie să ataşeze candidaţii la dosarul de examinare
- Oficiali americani: Zborul MH17, probabil doborât din greşeală de către oameni slab pregătiţi
- HOROSCOP 23 iulie 2014. Cum va fi ziua de 23 iulie pentru fiecare zodie, conform HOROSCOP 2014
- Simona Halep a depăşit-o pe Serena Williams în ceea ce priveşte câştigurile din tenis din acest an
- PREMIERUL PowerPointa
- Turiştii ruşi se plâng la Protecţia Consumatorilor de condiţiile de cazare din Bulgaria. Ce îi nemulţumeşte
- Oficiali americani: Zborul MH17, probabil doborât din greşeală de către oameni slab pregătiţi
- De ce nu este Simona Halep multimilionară: "Ar fi fost un produs de marketing mai bun dacă era din China sau din SUA"
- Cine a doborât avionul cu 298 de oameni la bord - VARIANTA RUSEASCĂ. „Ce căuta acest avion DE LUPTĂ aici?!”
- Putin cere "soluţionarea urgentă" a crizei din Ucraina
- AVION DOBORÂT ÎN UCRAINA. SUA şi Olanda trimit echipe de anchetatori la faţa locului. Cine este studentul român de la Cluj, care se află printre VICTIME
- „Mă uit în ochii tăi şi nu cred că ai suflet”. Discuţia extrem de dură dintre Joe Biden şi Vladimir Putin
editorialAn old poet of a new court puffs his cheeks out long after midnight: he revolts, sighs, gasps, roars. He chips in cutting out the moderator, gibes at her, asks for his right to speak that’s been his for the last hour or so.
puterea gandului"Let’s not wait for the state to take care of us!" I felt the strength of this truth in the air expired by Mr. President when coming out from Cireşica and so is it, I guarantee
puterea ganduluiAlthough I was awake, I wasn’t awoke: I rubbed my eyes trying to understand how the world turned upside-down. As, one night before, I had left Emil Boc as a devoted Băsescu’s witness and I found him in the morning more heretical than Călin Popescu Tăriceanu .
puterea gandului“If its cold outside, just put on a heavier coat". When he was telling Romanians that, was Nicolae Ceauşescu, the Dead President, powerful?
puterea ganduluiLast year, seeing her, I mean Sonia, running through our desks as a restless butterfly, made me spontaneously jealous. "Who could the lucky father of this wonder little girl be?!" I tried to pomp the secret out of my colleagues. "You know, she is rather ill", whispered Diana and told me in a nutshell the touching story she would write for Gândul.
puterea ganduluiMr. Laszlo Tokes plays with fire once more: "We were your cat’s paw when we backed you up in front of your adversaries, so you should now be grateful and give us the autonomy!"
puterea ganduluiMădălina Manole committed suicide, the Ceauşescus were exhumed, Dan Diaconescu wants to be president...
puterea ganduluiMr. Adrian Năstase hit the roof when he read the following phrase that I, the undersigned, wrote: "Mr. Năstase lost the elections because he managed to relay to Romanians the acute sentiment that he is so greedy that he will not give them a part of what he's stolen".
puterea ganduluiWe are a mere village in Europe. Every time it rains we turn to God. Help us, Almighty, to get through this! Ever since we were born we’ve kept on waiting to be given stuff. We are at the mercy of God, nature, ruler, foreigners.
puterea ganduluiThe Boc Government is doing everything it can to secure the title of most incapable Cabinet in Romania's post-Communist history, of expert in wasting public money, of having a Ph.D. in avoiding any anti-crisis measure and of a champion in avoiding facing the serious problems of the economy.
puterea ganduluiIt's been more than four years since the Danube flooded all of Rast Commune, Dolj County.
puterea gandului"The word of a minister is winning against bribery". In a normal place, after saying that, the Minister of Education, whomever he or she may be, would have had to throw on their ministerial desk dozens, no, hundreds of orders removing principals, loads of files resulting from school inspector investigations, and draft bills to eliminate pseudo-universities with their business like headquarters.
puterea gandului"Raising VAT was a mistake" announces T. Băsescu in hopes that the Government will bring back the old 19% and, in exchange, "tax all income, including pensions". Both presidential assertions are correct. And both lead to the Government's resignation.
puterea ganduluiThey want money? They should put a tax on displayed stupidity. They're going to have a budget surplus! And they won't be forced to donate their ministerial salaries to the Solidarity account, because the tax itself will eat up all their money
puterea ganduluiAll last week journalists tried to find out why President Traian Băsescu isn't leaving his palace to go to the flooded areas. Was he up to something? Did he have a "physical problem", as some politicians and commentators were suggesting?
puterea gandului"Why did you build your homes here, good people?", asked the President with interest yesterday. Well, this is one question that you can't really ask without carefully selecting where you do it as well as the Protection and Guard Service goons you have with you.
puterea gandului"Out!" yelled the line umpire. Nadal, employed in a strike, sends a backhand but the ball gets stuck in the net. Soderling asks that Hawk-Eye judge that.
puterea ganduluiSocial protection, which is so talked about during times of crisis, is the highest risk problem of Romania. At any time, the pension or unemployment benefits systems can default. The reason is the social fracture that has occurred during the last two decades.
puterea ganduluiScared by the possibility of a massive depreciation of the Romanian Leu, Romanians ran to banks and exchange offices on Monday to buy Euro.
puterea ganduluiMany tennis lovers asked me: "Can't you see Victor's side for a moment?". Others, who love nothing, even approved of him: "He did good to those in the stands, they were harassing him".
puterea ganduluiFriday's Constitutional Court decision won't really save anyone. Not a single soul. On the contrary. Pensioners, happy to have escaped with their pensions intact for the next half year continue to be exposed to the loss of purchasing power
puterea ganduluiHad the Romanian press not had so many weaknesses, the Executive would have hated it but would have respected it and it would not have made any attempts on its freedoms, as it did by defining it as a "vulnerability" or a potential risk for the state in the National Defense Strategy.
puterea gandului"An article can do more harm than a bullet!" It is the only presidential reference I can think of trying to justify the mention of the press as a "vulnerability" of Romania in a document of the Supreme Council of National Defense on national security.
puterea ganduluiThe image of D. Diaconescu in handcuffs could only mean, as per our legal system, that the "Journalist of the People" represents a danger to the public. A herd of lawyers is going to jump up and prove the opposite.
puterea ganduluiWhen I heard Elena Udrea say on Sunday morning, on Pro TV, that the cabinet reshuffling would delay the application of the austerity laws, I felt pity for the Democratic-Liberal Party MPs whom had been promised ministerial blood.
puterea ganduluiYet another one of our illusions has bit the dust: Romania now does badly in the "at least my neighbors are doing worse" political/economic indicator. Until now, whenever somebody complained about how hard we have it here, he was immediately bombarded with examples of nearby countries.
puterea ganduluiA group of taxpayers from the fourth grade was destructured in Focşani, after it had succeeded to organise itself in a theatre troupe for children, with the purpose to prejudice the big budget. Behold with what type of story they wanted to put the exchequer’s watchfulness to sleep. Attention, there is a rhyme.
puterea ganduluiHundreds of thousands of Romanians, property owners or their descendents, may get the chance - after 20 years - to recover their properties that were confiscated by the Communist regime or to at least to receive compensation for these.
puterea ganduluiI thought I was watching the Hallmark Channel. I had actually started to get into it: wow, a mafia movie!
puterea ganduluiThe Democratic-Liberal Party has a new communications strategy - they bring out their weaker sex colleagues to give the country news that's bad and worse. Just how medicinal alcohol is sold, with pictures of nurses on it so that you forget the sting.
Citeste pe Mediafax »PERICOLUL care aşteaptă: 5 dezastre care ar putea afecta omenirea până în anul 2050 - VIDEO citeste
- MEDIAFAX.RO PERICOLUL care aşteaptă: 5 dezastre care ar putea afecta omenirea până în anul 2050 - VIDEO
- DA.ZF.RO Ce conţine cea mai inedită reţetă de votcă din lume?
- GO4IT.RO Extraordinar, ce poti face acum cu Google Maps! Toti utilizatorii asteptau asta de ani buni
- DESCOPERA.RO Ce păţesc copiii expuşi de mici la religie?
- PLAYBOY.RO Ce era la modă acum jumătate de secol: combine muzicale, costume de haine, maşini şi......
- ONE.RO El a fost desemnat cel mai sexy bărbat al anului 2014
- URBAN.RO Cum arata in realitate cantaretii de pe afisele de spectacol?
- APROPOTV.RO Săracii zgârciţi bogaţi! Vedete care nu dau doi bani... în plus
- GQ.RO Legume care par inofensive, dar care sunt foarte otrăvitoare când sunt păstrate în anumite...
- GLAMOURMAGAZINE.RO 12 obiceiuri zilnice care te îmbătrânesc rapid
- DIETETIK.RO Ce faci INTOTDEAUNA GRESIT cand te speli pe fata
- 121.RO Cum poti scapa de taxa de reziliere a contractului la mobil
- ZOOLAND.RO Bebelus păzit de șerpi veninoși! Nimeni nu își explică fenomenul! VIDEO
- SUNTGRAVIDA.RO De ce spune Google ca mexicanii sunt cei mai buni barbati
- CSID.RO Beneficiile neştiute ale bicarbonatului de sodiu
- PUTEREA GANDULUI
- INTERVIURILE GANDUL
- GANDUL TV
©2011 Mediafax Group. Toate drepturile rezervate.